Image courtesy SAP SE
As more sites are using system replication (SR) with feature ‘active:active read_enabled’, it it is of great benefit to perform SAP HANA monitoring not only the primary site – but also the secondary site.
This presentation covers IT-Conductor cloud-based monitoring support for HA/DR/SR feature – monitoring HANA both sites of HA/DR landscapes, and the system replication activity/status in more detail.
In prior posts, we have covered several topics on HANA HA/DR, System Replication and Dynamic Tiering, please visit these for additional background:
- SAP HANA Distributed System - Guide to Scale Out, HA and Monitor HANA
- Managing and Monitoring SAP HANA 2 Active:Active System Replication
- SAP HANA System Replication - Setup, Operations and HANA Monitoring
- SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Test-drive
It's cool if you can perform SAP monitoring and SAP HANA monitoring without installing an army of agents, but that's not enough, we want to enhance SAP Basis Automation using Cross-platform automation capabilities. Whether you want to automate system copy post-processing with our SID-Refresh tool, or manage backups, it's easy once you are monitoring SAP with IT-Conductor. The IT operations automation possibilities for the Basis team are limitless once customers realize up to 90% saving in the time and cost over traditional SAP monitoring solutions.
In this article we'll demonstrate HANA backup integration as well as cleanup of old backups. These same principles and processes can be applied to other databases such as Oracle, SAP ASE, etc.
- Creating backup of HANA databases (single or multi-tenant) utilizing the ITC advanced feature ‘SQL Jobs’ presented in ‘Advanced SAP Monitoring Features by IT-Conductor’.
- Clean-up of catalog and files of older backups, using hdbsql and Linux’s crontab for scheduling. Note – future release of ITC will includes ssh feature which allows scheduling of task within ITC, instead of using crontab.
This is a continuation of the first blog, SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Test-drive, as we cover improvements in extended storage features of HANA 2.0, how to deploy, create multi-store table using HANA Studio, then perform SAP HANA Monitoring of Extended Storage server and services.
Image courtesy SAP SE